Dated: 8 September 2017
Protecting your data is very important to BridgeU Limited (“BridgeU”, “our”, “us” or “we”).
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide to us, for example, by filling in forms on our website or providing to us via email. This includes information you provide at the time of registering or at any subsequent point;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information our school partners provide us with;
- information our commercial partners (such as Faria Education Group Limited) provide us with;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information;
- technical information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and analytical purposes; and
- details of your visits to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
We will hold the above information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with the BridgeU service, deal with any specific issues that you may raise or otherwise as is required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
Information we may collect about others
We may collect and process the data about others that you provide us with, including (but not limited to) information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or provide us by email. This information might include, but is not limited to, your friends’ email addresses or personal information contained in university applications (and supporting documents) submitted by a teacher or school staff member relating to, or on behalf of, his/her students.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the express consent from the individuals whose data you provide us with.
Where we store your personal information
The personal data that we collect from you (including email addresses that form part of our prospective marketing database) may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These destinations may include our servers located in the USA, Canada and Singapore. This data may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us or for one of our business partners or service providers.
Your passwords are stored on BridgeU servers in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so.
Sensitive information between your browser and our website is transferred in encrypted form using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”). When transmitting sensitive information, you should always make sure that your browser can validate the BridgeU certificate.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although BridgeU will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorised access.
How we use your information
We use information held about you (and information about others that you have provided us with) in the following ways:
- to provide you with our website and any other information or services which you request from us;
- to ensure you receive information relevant to you;
- for marketing, provided always that we: (i) only use aggregated and anonymised data; or (ii) only engage in direct marketing for products and/or services provided by BridgeU that we believe will be of interest to you and only where you have consented to this;
- to ensure the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including research, data analysis and data statistics; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We will not sell your data (or any other data you provide us with) to third-parties, unless such data has been anonymised.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers and business partners (to assist us in performing any contract we enter into with them or you, including providing the website and the services it enables), analytics providers (to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website) and/or a member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Where you also use services provided by Faria Education Group Limited (such as Managebac), we may share your personal information with Faria Education Group Limited to provide an integrated solution.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if BridgeU or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BridgeU, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you by submitting a request in accordance with the act and is subject to a £10 administrative fee. All such requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy